- Business Plan Handbooks - A compilation of business plans developed by small businesses throughout North America. Access is made possible by the Small Business Accelerator at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre at UBC with financial support from the Sutherland Foundation.
- Business & Industry - Canada - a wealth of Canadian business information including a variety of guides and information on government programs, services and regulations.
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada - includes a vast array of links to web-based resources (including non-governmental sites) relevant to Canadian business people and consumers.
- Manitoba Chambers of Commerce - business associations.
- Women's Enterprise Centre - business advising, training and financing.
- CANSIM - Statistics Canada's main socioeconomic database is updated daily and provides access to a public collection of statistical tables covering a large number of topics such as agriculture, construction and housing, demography, education, health, household expenditures, labour, transportation and more.
- Manitoba Vital Statistics
- Statistics Canada - The official source for Canadian social and economic statistics and products.
- Stockhouse Canada - Get Canadian financial information including stock quotes.
Career and Job WebsitesJob Postings
|Canadian municipal job postings.
|Canadian job search engine
|Listing of jobs, work or business opportunities in Human Resource Centres of Canada by employers around the country.
|Job search for Canada
|Job search engine, listing almost 300,000 jobs in Canada.
|"Canada's largest and most popular online job site". Tips on resumes and more included.
|Links and information on job search, career information, resume writing, student resources.
|Company reviews, salary reports, interview reviews and questions and more.
|Canva Resume Builder
|A free online resume builder from Canva. Plenty of modern, eye-catching templates to choose from.
|Resume writing tips and samples.
|Resume on Monster
|Resume writing tips and samples. Post your resume here for employers to find and read.
- Behaviours in Dementia - The Behaviours in Dementia Toolkit is an online library of over 200 free resources. The goal of the Toolkit is to help you better understand and compassionately respond to dementia-related changes in mood and behaviour.
- Canadian Mental Health Association - CMHA promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. Each year, CMHA provides direct service to more than 100,000 Canadians through the combined efforts of more than 10,000 volunteers and staff across Canada in over 120 communities.
- CancerCare Manitoba - CancerCare Manitoba is the provincially mandated cancer agency tasked with providing cancer services to the people of Manitoba. CCMB is responsible for providing care, treatment and support across the entire cancer service spectrum – from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment and care, and palliation or end of life care.
- Communicable Disease Control - Government of Manitoba - To promote and support the prevention and control of communicable diseases in Manitoba
- Health Canada - Federal department responsible for helping Canadians maintain and improve their health.
- Healthy Canadians - A Government of Canada website that gives you access to reliable, easy-to-understand information about health and safety relating to many aspects of our lives.
- Internet Public Library (IPL) Health Pag - Links to professional as well as layperson information.
- Kids Help Phone - Canada’s only 24/7 counselling and information service for young people.
- Mayo Clinic - Tools for healthier lives.
- MedlinePlus - Produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand.
- PLOS Medicine - Public Library of Science: Independent medical journal.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - The Public Health Agency of Canada aims to promote health, prevent and control chronic diseases and injuries & infectious diseases. They also prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- WebMD - Excellent information on any health topic in an easy to understand format.
- World Health Organization (WHO) - WHO provides information, reports, and data pertaining to a variety of health topics.
|Community Legal Education Association – a charitable organization that provides Manitobans with information about the law through several services.
|MultiLingoLegal - BC's online access to multilingual legal information.
|CanLII (Canadian Legal Information Institute) - Provides access to court judgments, tribunal decisions, and statutes and regulations from all Canadian jurisdictions.
|Dial-A-Law - Provided by the Canadian Bar Association, this is a library of scripts prepared by lawyers on a variety of popular legal topics.
|Manitoba Laws - Free public access to the Statutes & Regulations of Manitoba.
|Family Law - A list of recommended Family Law resources.
|Manitoba Justice - serves Manitobans by helping to provide a safe, just and peaceful society. The justice system supports equality, fairness, individual responsibility and respect. Effective programs and services make safer communities.
|Department of Justice Canada - Canadian laws, their programs and services, and much more.
|Manitoba Ombudsman - an independent office of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba and is not part of any government department or agency. The ombudsman conducts independent, impartial, and non-partisan investigations.
|Province of Manitoba
|Government of Canada